Saturday, April 4, 2009

Identifying and Categorizing Goals


File
Originally uploaded by missouri_gal
I spent some time yesterday working out of "You Can Do It!" The first badge is about dreaming and identifying dreams. I spent a lot of time listing dreams that I knew about, dreams from when I was a kid that never materialized, and things that I knew I could do but never did.

I narrowed it down to 30 things, and matched them up with badges in the book, if possible. I organized them by how long it would take to do them, the effort it would take, and category.

Did I mention how much I love Excel?

I worked on a few of the initial steps of some of the badges - photography, taking care of my health, planning a party, learning a language and playing an instrument. The first steps are easy - mostly just identifying the goal. The next steps will be tougher!

3 comments:

Melian said...

Hey, you have a blog! :)

I liked your post about goals. It sounds like a good way to categorize. Sometimes when you have a lot of things that you want to do, it can be very overwhelming.

Anyway, it was fun hanging out with you guys!

I have a blog too, but it's pretty subject-specific. http://xanthelinnea.wordpress.com

Phil Novara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Phil Novara said...

The first key to acheiving goals is making a decision to focus on your desire. This is a great excercise to start looking at your goals. Although, you may be an excel freak! LOL

Book Suggestion: "Think and Grow Rich" by Napolean Hill. If you haven't read it, than it is a must. If you have read it, read it again.

Phil Novara
www.urbanbacon.com